Born in Madrid in 1971. She graduates at the High school Lycée Français de Madrid in 1989. In 1994, she got her French Philology Degree at the Complutense University of Madrid. She completed course work for a Ph. D. on French Literature in 1997, specializing on the French and Anglo-Norman Middle Ages. During this time she became interested in Celt Mythology, linked to middle age literature, which led her to investigate Celtic Civilization.
Sonia speaks english, french and italian.
Professionally Sonia worked as a teacher at the French Lycée in Madrid as well as in other schools, and in the banking sector in Luxembourg and Madrid.
Born in San Francisco in 1961, he graduates at the American High School of Madrid. In 1984, he graduates from the United States Military Academy at West Point, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and a commission as Second Lieutenant of Infantry. In addition to his academic degree from the U.S. Military Academy, he has a Master in History from the Old Dominion University at Norfolk, Virginia.
His military education includes the Infantry Officer Basic and Career Course, and Courses at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College. He is a qualified Senior Parachutist, Pathfinder and U.S. Army Ranger.
During his 28 years career, he held the following assignments:
· 2nd Infantry Division (Republic of Korea),
· 3rdRanger Battalion (Fort Benning – Georgia, USA)- 1986,
· Liaison OfficerU.S. Army Infantry Center, USA
· Headquarters detachment commander of the Ranger Training Brigade, USA
· G3 training officer in the Headquarters of the Infantry Division (Hawaii, USA) - 1990
· Several assignments at the Joint Readiness Training Center (Fort Polk – Louisiana) 1993 – 1996, USA
· Joint exercise planner on the Headquarters staff of U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR - Heidelberg) 1996 Germany
· Special assistant to the Commander of the Stabilization Force (SFOR) 1997 Balkans
· Chief of training of the Southern European Task Force (SETAF - Vicenza) Italy
· Executive Officer 1– 508 Airborne Battalion Combat Team
· Special Assistant to the Commanding General of the Army Training and Doctrine Command (Fort Monroe, Virginia) 2000, USA
· Assistant Army Attaché at the U.S. Embassy (Madrid) 2004 – 2008,
· Military cooperation Officer for Central and South Asia, the Caucasus, and Eastern Europe International Military Staff at NATO Headquarters (Brussels) 2008- 2012 Belgium
He also received numerous awards during his career: the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation and Achievement Medals, and the NATO Medal for his service in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Vincent speaks fluent Spanish and German.
In 2004, during his service at the U.S. Embassy, Vincent met Sonia and her husband at a celebration of the Spanish Army. Their common interest about History, and specially Spanish History, and its divulgation brought to them the idea of creating Star-Madrid Tours.The company
Star-Madrid Tours, S.L. is a tourist intermediary. As such, legally, it can only offer tourist services not including air or train tickets or hotel bookings or routes lasting more than 24 hours or including spending a night in another city (activities legally reserved to the travel agencies).
Therefore, the services offered by Star-Madrid Tours, S.L. are the following: professional guides, transportation (between the hotel or the meeting point and the museums or the routes), lunches, and museum tickets.
Star-Madrid Tours, S.L. is currently negotiating for a hotel special fare for our clients and recommends a specific hotel for the duration of the Tour (in a residential area - quiet, ideal to rest and enjoy the next day with all the accommodations and shuttle to the airport).
The welcome and farewell cocktails would also be organized at the recommended hotel, as well as the pick-up for the visits (unless none of the up to 14 members of the group are in this hotel, making it necessary to meet at a meeting point somewhere in the city or even at the museums).